[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au in January

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Wed Feb 9 11:45:05 UTC 2005

Bret Busby wrote:
> Maybe it is time to use the power of the Internet, and of ADSl, and make
> the conference an Internet, rather than an in-person, event, so that
> more people who want to, can attend.

It is hard to replace being there and interacting with people directly.
I think the vaste majority of people would want to attend a real world
event.

Streaming video of presentations might help for those who can't attend.
Jeff can probably comment on how well it did/didn't work with Guadec. It
looks like they have some of the material available by torrent after the
event. For me, that would be preferable to waiting for a DVD. The
trouble is that editing/organising this would fall to some poor
overworked, under resourced volunteer again. It might not be practical.