[Linux-aus] Peoples Choice Community Member of the Year Winner

Karin Purser lugroundup at k-sit.com
Sat Dec 24 11:02:02 UTC 2005

After much deliberation and discussion a winner has been selected as
Community Member of the Year.  We would like to congratulate Pascal
Klein of Canberra (CLUG) who will be recieving a concession ticket to
LCA06 and $200 towards expenses.
The judges would like to thank everyone involved, those nomiated and
those that nominated.
Pascal was chosen by unanimous decision because of his work with KDE,
CLUG, Gnome and Ubuntu.  Given that he is only sixteen and has only been
involved in FOSS for a little over 12 months, the judges felt that he
would make the best use of the opportunities present by attending LCA06.
The other nominees were all deserving in their own right and we would
like to both congratulate and thank them for their contributions to the
FOSS Community.
I would also like to thank my judges for the great job they did, I know
their task was not an easy one. Finally I would like to thank the Linux
Australia Committee for contributing the $200 and the LCA06 Committee
for the ticket.
I  (MotherLUG) would like to wish all a happy and safe holiday and thank
you all for the support you have given us during the year, and hope to
have you listening in in the New Year.

--
Cherio,
Karin

"May all you hopes and dreams be just around the corner"

You can find the podcasts at
http://mirror.linux.org.au/podcasts/la-update
lugroundup at k-sit.com