Re: [Linux-aus] Linux Australia Update - Episode 2

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005, Pia Waugh wrote:
> Quote James:
> > http://glnlinear.sourceforge.net/laupdate_episode_2_20050806.ogg
> > Just a warning, this fortnights file is a little large at 35 MB.
>
> Unforunately when I went to download it, it only got the first 25 mins of
> the stream, the first ~25MB worth. So I had to download it again.

For anyone else having trouble with this, both streams seem to be able
to send partial content. ie, if you have the first 25MB worth from this
URL, you can do this:

wget -c http://glnlinear.sourceforge.net/laupdate_episode_2_20050806.ogg

in the directory where the partial copy of
laupdate_episode_2_20050806.ogg is and it will pick up the download from
where you left off. Most mirrors and many other webservers have this
feature, it's really useful. As far as I can tell Firefox et al don't
have great support for it though: if the browser realises it was cut off
you might be able to press resume, but it's never seemed as reliable.

-Mary