[Linux-aus] Education Officer (LPI)
pia at linux.org.au
Tue May 18 17:24:01 UTC 2004
Great news! Jason King has accepted the role of Education Officer for
Linux Australia. The specific definition of this role is posted below,
but please feel free to contact Jason for all matters concerning
education, and at this point specifically LPI (http://www.lpi.org).
Linux Australia is currently the only Australian LPI affiliate, and we
plan to increase our activities in this area. We currently have 7 people
Australia wide prepared to proctor exams in an effort to bring
affordable quality certification to all the community. LPI is
interesting in that it is run like a community project, subject to peer
review, and a non-profit organisation. Education is important, and that
certification certainly helps in many ways, from helping up and coming
engineers prove their ability, to making us more professional. As we
form relationships with more education institutions, this role will
extend to those.
Please feel free to contact Jason at pizza at netspace.net.au. We look
forward to working closely with him in this area, and seeing his
champion efforts :)
Education Officer (LPI)
The Education Officer is a postition delegated by the Linux Australia
committee to an individual both interested and able to fulfill the
- Liase with Education institutes to build and maintain relationship.
- Liase with Linux Australia committee to report any news and
- Liase with any education institutes in Australia necessary.
- Liase with any proctors or trainers in Australia.
- Organise any events required or interested in, with the approval of LA
ctte. Includes handling and organisation of exam papers.
- Organise any necessary publicity, with the help and approval of LA
- Coordinated exams at LCA event for the benefit of community.
- Liase with LCA team for any education events (not including EduConf).
- Ensure that any help required (timewise, moneywise or otherwise) is
directed at the committee.
Pia Smith <pia at linux.org.au>
More information about the linux-aus