[Linux-aus] LinMagAu

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Wed Mar 31 18:24:02 UTC 2004

Hello everyone.

Recently (as some of you have noticed) LinMagAu has been down.

This resulted from an attack on the major machine handling
most of the core functions of the site.

The diagnostics, whilst not complete yet, have not revealed
any hard core proof, the attack was a result of the scripts in
the site, and the possiblity remains my passwd may have been
compromised.., whatever the immediate resulIt was
that in discussion with Horms :).. ever supportive admin of the
network that housed all the LinMag machine, we decided to take
all the LinMagAu sites offline.

Given my new found "life" :) is now taken much of my time,
and to rebuild the entire sites again, will take more effort
than I can put in at the moment, I have sadly come to the decision
that now is the time to put LinMagAu to bed.

I would like to say an offical thankyou to the many supporters
who have assisted over the last 14/15 months. Without your input
the site would not have lasted this long :)

The names are too many to list in a mass email of this nature,
so to those of you (and you know who you are)..:):)
my sincere thanks for your support and consistant efforts.

I have unsubbed the archive gatherer from the lists, a pity as
we almost reached 50k archived mails from various lists.

I will put a copy of this message on the site, by way of
explaining to passing visitors and suggest if you manage a site
with links to LinMagAu you should update :(
(we are still receiving somewhere around 20k a month )..

It certainly has been a wonderful learning curve for me.. :)

I look forward to watching the continued growth of the FOSS
movement and the various organisations that are the moving
forces in this country.  Good luck to you all.

Thanks again everyone.
Kimberly Shelt