[Linux-aus] Volunteers, anyone? Whiner wanted. (-:

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Sat Mar 27 12:21:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:56:03AM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:

>     http://lwn.net/Articles/71779/
>
> It would be good if someone else asked TSG-ANZ (http://au.sco.com/) to
> take down their link to the "5 reasons" page because it tells a direct
> lie. I've made enough noise already. (-:

Actually, gut feeling tells me that from about here on in, the less
(public) fuss we make about SCO, the less possible media attention they
get, the better.

Private fuss is another story. The ACCC hears of every new potential
transgression. I'm sure if the weight of evidence against SCO was being
added to balance scales, it would be pretty close to tipping point about
now.

Taking this kind of action presumes the entity at the other end of the
discussion is a reasonable entity. I don't think SCO fits this bill. They
will not change their behaviour nor their site, unless we have the legal
muscle to force them to do so.

Here's another point to note. Several well placed sources have told me
that the legal word in the street, and the best practice for any
organisation which receives any official notice from SCO, is to just
ignore it. This too, seems to dovetail with the theme from above.