[Linux-aus] Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Wed Mar 24 19:44:01 UTC 2004

At 2004/3/24 22:15+1100  Stewart Smith writes:

> If mailman can be set to do this (i haven't seen anything like it in
> there.. but maybe ours is just old), then I'd be quite happy with a
> system like this.
>
> any chance you'd be able to set us in the right direction for getting
> this going (i.e. what we need, how to config, do we need to upgrade)?

Mailman version 2.1.4 supports this (I don't know if earlier versions
do too). You just set the flag to say members only may post and to
hold non member postings.

When the moderators handle the held messages they will be given the
option to approve, discard, bounce etc the message as well as to
optionally set a permanent action for that source email address (
approve, discard, bounce, etc).

Under the privacy option (sender filters) you can also manually list
email addresses for which postings will automatically be approved.

Chris
cyeoh at samba.org