[Linux-aus] Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Tue Mar 23 19:25:02 UTC 2004

On 23/03/2004, at 8:18 PM, Tony Nugent wrote:
> willing to live with whatever the ultimate decision is, but
> personally I would dearly like to see this mailing list restricted
> to posts from subscribers only.

You've got my vote in on this one too; I can live with the way it is
now, but I don't see why we shouldn't do something about it.  There's
plenty of OSS software out there, and proven strategies to rid us of
most this stuff, and its logical an organization such as we should be
using such technologies.

The attitude of "if you don't like it, bugger off" is going to lead a
very large percentage of people to unsubscribe, and if I'm not
mistaken, this group is all about advocacy, so such an attitude doesn't
make a whole lot of sense.

What's the rationale behind allowing anybody to post, anyway?

Signature space for rent.