[Linux-aus] Sun's Linux Compatibility Assurance Toolkit

Hugh Madden hugh at openstrategy.com.au
Thu Mar 4 06:06:01 UTC 2004

this made me laugh.. it is called the "Linux Compatibility Assurance
Toolkit", however from the web page at:
http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/solaris/downloads/lincat/

"This utility analyzes the difficulty of porting such source files from
Linux to the Solaris Operating System (OS), and it can help you estimate
the total effort required for the port."

I think it should be called the "Solaris Compatibility Assurance
Toolkit" :)

--
Hugh Madden
Open Strategy
hugh at openstrategy.com.au
Phone : + 61 2 9492 2805
Mobile: + 61 4 2406 6413
Fax   : + 61 2 9460 1500
www.openstrategy.com.au

NOTICE: The information contained in this email communication may be
confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication please delete and destroy all copies and email Open
Strategy at webmaster at openstrategy.com.au immediately.  If you are the
intended recipient of this communication you should not copy, disclose
or distribute this communication without the authority of Open
Strategy.  Any views expressed in this  communication are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Open Strategy.