[LACTTE] Re: [Osia-discuss] Re: [Linux-aus] MEDIA RELEASE: Open Source Industry Australia - National Body Launched

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Tue Mar 2 05:32:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 23:37, Del wrote:
> As long as there's some kind of understanding in place.  I see
> a potential for each group to tread on the others' toes, even
> if only being seen to do so in the marketplace.

After talking to people actively involved at lca (and post-lca), any
fear of treading on each others toes was removed from my brain. I
actually have a fair bit of confidence that OSIA and LA will work well
together. They are planning to do a whole bunch of stuff that should be
done by industry, not the volunteers running a group like LA.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia