[Linux-aus] Agenda for SGM, AGM 15 Jan 04

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Wed Jan 7 19:13:08 UTC 2004

Hi,

Linux Australia is holding it's Annual General Meeting of Members on
Thursday, 15 January 2004 in Adelaide at linux.conf.au '04.The AGM will
be proceeded by a Special General Meeting of Members at which we intend
to ratify a constitution change. Exact time and location as per the LCA schedule.

The agenda for each meeting is as follows:

1. SGM

        Call to order, establish notice of meeting, establish quorum.

        Approval of minutes of previous Meetings of Members
        (specifically AGM '02 of 23 Jan 03 and SGM of 9 Dec 03)

        Consideration and acceptance of proposed changes to Constitution. See
        http://www.linux.org.au/org/ for details.

        Close

2. AGM

        Call to order, establish notice of meeting, establish quorum.

        President's Report

        Treasurer's Report

        Confirmation of Acts

        Election of Managing Committee:
                Nominations presented [see
                http://www.linux.org.au/nominations/ ]

                Comments from candidates.

                Poll [will of course include proxy votes].

        Comments from new Committee members, as appropriate.

	Close

Given the penchant of most members of our lovely community to want to
voice their opinion, and at great length, I'd like to quickly suggest to
my assembled learned colleagues that these meetings DO fill a fairly
specific legal requirement, and more or less have to be along the lines
above. Since I'm sure everyone will want to discuss and debate
endlessly, I've taken the liberty of adding the following item:

        Discuss, debate, argue, and drink ourselves silly unto the wee
        hours of the morning

But please note that this is *after* the end of AGM, not during it. :)

All the best,

AfC
Secretary
Linux Australia

[The agenda for both SGM and AGM was posted by Pia Smith at the time
time notice of the meeting was lodged 22 Dec 03, and was resent 4 Jan
03. You can view these lists' archives if you'd like to see those
messages]

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd

Australia: +61 2 9977 6866  North America: +1 646 472 5054

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/