[Linux-aus] Organizing an Australian Open Source Roadshow?

Pia Smith pia at linux.org.au
Thu Feb 5 20:58:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 17:37, Rusty Russell wrote:

> > 80% of OSV's members are not interested in Linux Australia. Nor are they
> > interested in AUUG.

> However, I think an industry lobby group for FOSS is well-timed.

If it is open source lobbying then the community involvement could be
very important to getting the right message and show of support.

I guess I see the benefits in having the community participate in this
lobbying, not only as a way to get the community concerns and issues
addressed, but because approaching government with x number of companies
may not be as powerful as x number of companies PLUS x number of
individuals voters. Especially when lobbying government.

Pia
--
Pia Smith <pia at linux.org.au>
Linux Australia