[Linux-aus] Media Officer Now

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Wed Feb 4 18:08:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 08:54:27PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > I'm with Leon.
> >
> > marketing and positioning strategies, and how they are achieved, should
> > not be information widely disseminated.
>
> But hopefully not yet-another-mailing-list. Private sub-committees are
> killers.

valid points. I don't have an easy 'out'. OSV can get away with it because
we have a closed list, which isn't openly published on the web anywhere,
but to my knowledge, linux-aus is archived and available to all.

I realise that it runs contra to the ideals of openness and
accountability, but trying to get the consensus necessary when
constructing press releases and related marketing projects in an open
forum (with hundreds of participants) can become quite arduous quite
quickly. This is particularly a problem when timely responses need to be
prepared for the media.

ideas on how this can be achieved are welcome.

Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia
Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/  Phone: 03 9621 2377   Fax: 03 9621 2477