Re: [Linux-aus] Linux Australia Nominations Open!

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 12:07 +1100, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> Just to be clear, I'm not asking for anything to be changed this time
> around, but does it make more sense to have a gap between close of
> nominations and start of voting? I'd kind of like the opportunity to
> be able to put a set of questions to all candidates.

While the voting system does support a hard gap, we've decided to go the
soft gap approach.

I certainly encourage questions being put to the candidates - people
could even respond to them during the nominations period (or, put the
answers in their spiel when they accept their nomination).

However, it probably shouldn't be the la ctte who facilitates this, as
some of us are going to be candidates.

Volunteers welcome :)
--
Stewart Smith (stewart@linux.org.au)