[Linux-aus] LCA2006 - has any state staked a claim?

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Wed Sep 24 01:54:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:04:06AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:43:54 +0800 Leon Brooks <leon at cyberknights.com.au> wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:45, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > On the other hand, until it's announced, it's anyone's game, and the
> > > Canberra guys have been flubbed getting l.c.a for each of the past
> > > three years, so if Melbourne (or anyone else) is feeling particularly
> > > energetic, there's plenty of scope to scoop them again.
> > They'll probably get a Federal law passed about FOSS conferences and
> > have it nailed to Canberra for the rest of the century.
> What is it with people and Canberra bashing?
> Yeah, you guys hit a sore point ...

Hey, don't complain, prove us wrong...

We can't seriously plan on letting Adelaide have the crown of "Best
Linux Conference, Ever." for any longer than absolutely necessary,
right? I mean... it is *Adelaide* after all.

(Of course, to put things in perspective, there's also been the
occassional peep of interest from the Kiwis. It's only sporting to let
them have a couple of minor victories in meaningless and completely
unimportant football games, but we've got to show 'em what's what and
who's who where it *really* counts. Right?)

Cheers,
a "equal opportunity bashing" j

Australian DMCA (the Digital Agenda Amendments) Under Review!
	-- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/copyright/digitalagenda