[Linux-aus] Meeting Minutes, Committee Activities, Constitution?

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Wed Oct 29 05:12:04 UTC 2003

Jeff,

> I'm sure it hasn't been that quiet in LA-land, given that LCA is
> rapidly approaching! (Can't wait...)

Michael et al are getting busier and busier :-)

> On that note, it's probably about time for things to get rolling with
> open elections this year... will we be voting on the changes to the
> constitution at LCA?

I think so.

> It would be nice to get them cleaned up properly this year, so elections
> can be held independently of LCA (preferably online) in future.

I've been reading "Applied Cryptography" and some of the methods for
secure, secret online voting. It's quite complex.

> (As a side point, the minutes seem incredibly verbose and formal, except
> for the text-format document from March. It's far easier to read and
> digest than the others, both in format and style. Would be great to see
> further minutes like this! There is a note about formality and 'legal
> requirements' at the top of this page - in my experience of associations
> in .au and .us, minutes need only be representative of the meeting's
> discourse, not of a particular written style or format.)

Well, actually, the minutes only really need to note any decisions or
anything that members of the meeting actually state they want noted. The
other "extra" stuff is generally ignored at the end of the day.

DSL

--
The Open Source Business Network in SA
 ...will be open soon! Watch this space.