[Linux-aus] Grant Application #2

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Sun May 18 11:55:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 12:55:34PM +1000, Jeremy Lunn wrote:
> Over incorporating a separate entity, there would be reduced
> administrative overheads.  That's about all really (apart from perhaps
> having greater influence over getting funding out of LA :D).  If you
> don't mind filing an annual financial report to corporate affairs,
> maintaining a membership register and a few other trivial things then
> there probably isn't a huge difference.

Probably much the same amount of ongoing "red tape"..
perhaps just a little more inital work as a seperate entity.

> Either way, incorporating as a separate entity or doing it under the
> wing of LA, is certainly better than as an individual with unlimited
> liablity.  I personally don't think that incorporation is too much of a
> hassle (though it does entail a little bit of work) if you want
> indepedance, though I seriously doubt LA would hinder that.

Agreed, the current LA committee is obviously supportive but future
evolutions may not be so :( this is true of all "motherships"..
Rules set now might get amended at a later date, as has recently
happened within another "organisation" in our "community".

:).. I shall continue to investigate doing Inc as a seperate entity.
Then when someone comes to sue LinMagAU they can take all the assets
away..which would amount to errmm a ream of paper I guess :)

Thanks for the feedback :)

Kim
--
http://www.linmagau.org