[Linux-aus] Just to keep the pot boiling...

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Mar 19 09:11:07 UTC 2003

Hear what this bloke has to say about certification...

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/qna/0,289202,sid39_gci886021,00.html

...and think: one way or another, we should get behind a certifier, and/or
roll our own.

I think if we rolled our own, we could start with something nearly as basic as
an International Computer Drivers' Licence and work up from there. I'd call
the basic course something like the Computer Pilot's Certification, step up
to an Advanced Computer Pilot's Certification involving things like installs
of a few different distros, some fundamental networking stuff, basic
administration of a handful of services, and on from there to sysadminning,
development and planning forks.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA