[Linux-aus] CMP confuses Gafar Lawal, Nathan Hanks (apologies to Gafar!)

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Jun 16 08:27:02 UTC 2003

FYI:

Quoting Barbara Darrow <bdarrow at cmp.com>:
> The quote re. 3X patches on Linux vs. Windows server should have been
> attributed to nathan hanks, not to gafar lawal.   My apologies for
> that error.

Gafar, please accept my apologies for haven taken you name in vain,
Barbara, thanks for having the courage to admit your error (many people
would just duck and hope). Nathan, you'll get a reworded copy of the
second howler - aimed at the correct slanderer - shortly. Look forward
to it, you've earned it. The rest of you have already seen it, but LWN
will get the updated copy so they can quote it.

I feel it worth adding that I'd be surprised if no pot-smoking Dutchmen
have contributed to the MS-Windows code-base, but like Linux there is
quality-control in place for just such occasions. Nathan, Linux powers
thousand-plus-node supercomputing clusters, mission-critical industrial
controllers, has been (is being) used in Shuttle and ISS experiments
and so on ad infinitum. It is rock solid and high powered. How does
that square up with your obvious delusions regarding it?

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia