[Linux-aus] Re: Job Database

Brent Wallis brent.w at infosynergy.com.au
Sun Feb 16 20:09:02 UTC 2003

Hi,

Jeff Waugh said:
>I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by testimonials of >employers and employees who have used the *current* LA jobs >list. I know quite a few of both who have used it and been very >pleased with the results.

I am not adverse to being proven incorrect, maybe my view has been blinkered :)

But I should also clarify that I am speaking in terms of one corporate entity getting together with another for the sake of VLS projects centered on GNU/Linux. Linux has risen beyond the single person being able to satisfy another much larger entities needs. It's now at the gates of large corporates and there is a need to get those capable out there in front of the rest in order to satisfy the every increasing demand. Without it, Linux consultancy is in danger of pricing itself out of the market in the short term thorugh "lack of quality supply".

In the end, LA has done a terrific job to boost the profile of Linux consultants,our enquiry rate from the existing site the last 12 months has been quite good, but surely there is a need to take the next step and start pushing those that are capable into the hands of big enterprise? I am speaking on behalf of a "consultancy company" BTW, not myself.....
hmmm, maybe this is another disticnction that should be considered?

Rgds
Brent Wallis
Information Synergy
Melbourne.