Re: [osv-list] Re: [Linux-aus] Roadmap for Linux/FOSS adoption in Australia

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 01:19:17AM +1000, Pia Smith wrote:
> Hi Con,
>
> On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 11:38, Con Zymaris wrote:
> <snip>
> > These activities, whilst useful, are still not what I would call a
> > 'roadmap' which accelerates Linux/FOSS adoption. Who wants to help put
> > such a plan together?
>
> There are other things that need working on, such as the community
> communication and support. We also need to work on speaking more to
> government, communicating internationally to share the knowledge,
> helping facilitate enthusiastic community members to be active,
> targetting the developing areas of FOSS in Australia (such as education)
> and making it as easy as possible for the average joe to get information
> about linux (this is where the usergroup listings, and the soon to come
> resource page are useful).

Concurr.

There are a number of 'naturally resonant' areas where we can concentrate
on. The main issue is to come up with a 'what are we trying to achieve'
document and a 'how are we going to achieve these' action plan.

> Bunches of other stuff occurs to me, but you get the idea.
>
> Very interesting in what you guys are doing. No doubt will speak to you
> when you are up in Sydney next week :)

ack that ;-) Let's make a first pass at it then...

Con Zymaris <conz@cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne 03 9621 2377
Cybersource: Unix/Linux, TCP/IP and Web App. Development  www.cyber.com.au