Re: [Linux-aus] [stojmir@linux.net.mk: (IMP) Free Software inMacedonia]

Hi Con,

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 21:39, Con Zymaris wrote:
> I have sent a response to Ivan, included below. If you have more material
> to add, please send him a note. The mechanics of convincing government to
> consider open standards and open source don't vary much from country to
> country (in most circumstances.) Perhaps we can collate them as an
> 'evangelism pack' for redeployment in different countries?

An interesting thought. I think that one of the most instructive ways to
demonstrate to Government that a solution is viable to them, is to show
where it has worked for other governments. This is one of the reasons I
am going to be speaking to gov types in Brazil in November and
(hopefully) presenting that at the OSS in Gov mini-conf at LCA2004. I
think if such a pack were to exist it would benefit most from having
several countries as examples and I would be happy to contribute :)

<snip>

Good idea :) but I think the personal approach makes a big difference.

Cheers,
Pia

--
Pia Smith <greebo@pacific.net.au>