[Linux-aus] IBM's contracts view up close

    http://members.shaw.ca/cracked.floppy/

    ...should any source code or methods shown in court by SCO have
    been developed by an IBM employee, regardless of whether or not
    that code was put into SysV or any derivative work thereof, IBM
    would not have violated Agreement SOFT-0015 for the simple
    reason that IBM, as the owner of said code, retained certain
    rights of ownership which it has not (as far as we currently
    know) transferred. Since IBM owns the code it can do what it
    wants. The code which IBM owns is not covered by limitations of
    use in the Agreement, insofar as IBM can re-license the code to
    another party under different terms-- in this case, it did so
    by re-licensing the code under the GPL to the Linux community.
/   Interestingly, it is very likely that code which exists in    \
\   SCO's products is owned by IBM.                               /

Read my Australian Developer article. I'm off to buy me a camel-hair
shirt... (-:

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA