[Linux-aus] Open Systems, Open Networks: An Interoperability Framework for E-Learning
j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sat Aug 2 11:45:02 UTC 2003
The following forum may be of interest to those that are interested in
standards and the education and training sectors.
Registration is free.
Open Systems, Open Networks: An Interoperability Framework for E-Learning
The Australian Information and Communications Technology in Education
Committee (AICTEC) http://www.aictec.edu.au/ Standards Sub-Committee
http://www.standards.edna.edu.au/ Industry Forum
Sponsored by the Department of Education, Science and Training.
Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour, Australia
Wednesday 3 and Thursday 4 September 2003
The AICTEC Standards Sub-Committee is holding an Industry Forum that will
provide a unique opportunity for key industry participants and policy
makers from the Australian education and training sector to consider:
* New strategies and approaches to standards aimed at achieving
interoperability in the development of digital content, learning objects
and learning and content management systems.
* Frameworks and standards needed to support the management of education
and training systems.
* Ways in which firms and governments can work to achieve interoperability
between products and services.
* The value of a formal working relationship between educational technology
developers and vendors and Australian education and training sectors.
Dr Robby Robson of the US will be attending the forum as the key-note
speaker. Dr Robson is the Chair, IEEE Learning Technology Standards
Committee (http://ltsc.ieee.org/), and President and Senior Partner,
Eduworks Corporation (http://www.eduworks.com/) - a leading consultant to
the US e-learning industry. Other speakers will present case studies
demonstrating the use of technical standards to support interoperability
and the advantages of utilising commercial open standards-based products in
education and training projects.
The forum will be of interest to:
* developers and vendors of educational content, multimedia, content
management and learning management systems
* consultants and vendors in the area of online learning
* ICT industry associations
* ICT policy makers, managers and administrators in education and training.
For further information and to register for the forum:
All the best
Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
Are you a computer angel? (www.computerangels.org.au)
More information about the linux-aus