[Linux-aus] Minutes - 20030402 Summary

Pia Smith president at linux.org.au
Mon Apr 7 22:31:02 UTC 2003

Meeting minutes - Summarised for easy reading.

The official meeting minutes will be posted to linux.org.au/minutes for
public access soon!

1. All official business was reviewed and approved

2. Proposal for funding external projects
This had a great response from the linux-aus mailing list and
we have started collating ideas from everyone. We will hopefully have
the draft finalised and approved next meeting (two weeks) and then will
start accepting applications. Start thinking about how you can help your
club/project :)

3. Constitution clarification
The constitution team have been doing some research as to what we need
to clarify/change in our constitution so that this organisation can run
more smoothly. Some draft work has been done, but if anyone has
suggestions, or would like to help that would be much appreciated! Some
drafts will be going up for people to review soon so keep an eye out.

4. List management
We discussed list management and are still in the planning process. Some
changes have been made, software upgrades being looked at, and we are
dealing with the issues.

5. Web team report
The web team is a group of interested individuals who are working
together to revamp our website. Keep an eye out on linux.org.au for
links to the test web site planned to be up within the month.

6. Business with other organisations discussed
We have been discussing our place in the wide world of organisations out
there. We are working more closely with AUUG and hope to maintain a good
working relationship.

7. Goals
We discussed specific goals for the year. These will be agreed upon and
posted within the month. Also defining goals as a habit to acheive more.

8. Face to Face meeting in May set for the 17th-18th subject
to full committee agreement.

9. General linux.org.au server maintenance discussed.

10. Close
--
Pia Smith <president at linux.org.au>
Linux Australia