[Lias] http filters

Andrew Dorrell andrew.dorrell at cisra.canon.com.au
Fri Jul 4 19:58:18 EST 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> Does anyone have an http filter that actually works?
>
> I've been using squidguard for ages, but atm one of the students is
> ahead of me.

There are a lot of free anonymous proxies out there and they keep
shifting around.  If your students know about them then you really have
an arms race.  I don't know of a good free black list, kind of goes
against the whole "free" principle.

Personally I favour a usage policy with consequences.  You already know
your student is doing something they should not.  That's actually a
pretty good position.

Sorry,

--
Andrew Dorrell