[Lias] Custom Gnu/Linux Live for Education

John Summerfield summer at corridors.wa.edu.au
Sat Nov 20 09:41:01 UTC 2004

chrismo wrote:
> Have a look at Featherlinux and Slax.
> They include tools to build a full Gnu Debian or Slackware system.
> http://featherlinux.berlios.de/
> http://slax.linux-live.org/
>
> Its fun remasterring them with various concepts.I think the live distros will
> help people learn Gnu/Linux without breaking anything. I've put together a
> version for education that I've been calling Gnu Fedu. I hope someone will
> help make it a decent project.

Take a look at componentizedlinux at www.progeny.com. Uses Anaconda
which some may have encountered, and is based on Debian with fc to come.

For a desktop linux it's very hard indeed to go past www.ubuntu.com.
Download it or order a free CD from the website.

If you must go past U, try Mepis.

--

Cheers
John