[Lias] vsftpd

Simon Bryan simon.bryan at olmc.nsw.edu.au
Sun Jul 18 10:34:02 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I am trying to setup vsftpd on my RH9 system. I can login OK with a local
user, anonymous access and all other users are denied OK. However every
attempt to do a ls or dir is met with

200 PORT command successful.Consider using PASV
425 Failed to establish connection

I am running vsftpd from /etc/rc.d/init.d/vsftpd, however the script
itself says that it is running it in standalone mode. Which is supported
by the behaviour of the config options.

This is my current /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf file:
anonymous_enable=NO
write_enable=YES
local_umask=022
dirmessage_enable=YES
xferlog_enable=YES
connect_from_port_20=NO
xferlog_file=/var/log/vsftpd.log
xferlog_std_format=YES
nopriv_user=ftpsecure
ascii_upload_enable=YES
ftpd_banner=Welcome to OLMC Gatekeeper FTP service.
pam_service_name=vsftpd
userlist_enable=YES
userlist_deny=NO
listen=YES
tcp_wrappers=YES
local_enable=YES
local_root=/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/
check_shell=YES
log_ftp_protocol=YES
pasv_enable=YES

Any ideas anyone?

PS Nothing shows in the system logs, except that the server starts OK.
--
Simon Bryan
IT Manager