[Lias] Red Hat substitutes

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Mon Jan 12 07:22:02 UTC 2004

Andrew Dorrell <andrew.dorrell at cisra.canon.com.au> wrote:

I am surprised that SuSE has not appeared in this discussion.
<<

Seconded. During November, I spoke to "enterprise" Linux customers in four
cities on three continents. All were very disappointed with Red Hat's
moves, and the vast majority were seriously considering a move to SuSE.
(It's on my list, too, although I haven't used it since SuSE 7.2, and I
*detest* the way YaST overwrites any changes you've made manually to config
files).

However, I found Roger's comments on Centos-3 extremely helpful and I will
be taking a look at it along with White Box. Roger: thanks for the work
you've done, and for posting your notes to the list. Much appreciated.

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]