[Lias] School Intranet Server - Functionality & Requirements

Robert McLeay ches at perlboy.org
Fri Mar 28 08:03:02 UTC 2003

>  However, I believe the Webmin mail interface is a
> little too complex for primary school kids, and am looking for suggestions
> for a simple web mail interface.

Pine? ;) No, seriously, at uni, Pine prompts for and authenticates on your
username/pass using IMAP (so it doesn't matter which unix box you're logged into.
If possible, why not setup a normal mail client (eg outlook, eudora etc) to do
this?

Please, please, please disable HTML email by default though, and tell the
children about how evil it is before they get the 'outlook express ivy-leaf
border' disease.

Robert.