[Lias] Automatic "quota limit reached" notification

Tom Doyle tom at stvincents.nsw.edu.au
Thu Jul 17 10:20:02 UTC 2003

Sorry, I meant file system quota...

This is just a mail server so when they hit a soft limit, I want an email to
shoot off to them & I.

so I have to setup quotacheck in cron each night & then also run warnquota
right?

I just ran warnquota and it sent me an email for all users over quota (as
configured). quotacheck is not scheduled so how did it know these accounts
were over? Do I really need to run quotacheck ie. umounting an important
filesystem each night?

Cheers,
tom.

Quoting ken at etherboot.org:

 >Automatic "quota limit reached" notification...
 >Are there any scripts around that can do this?

 Er, what sort of quota, filesystem, Net traffic, number of times the
 user has bothered the sysadmin?

 With FS quotas, the user gets a console message as soon as they try a
 write above limit.

Tom Doyle
Network Administrator
St. Vincent's College
Potts Point
Ph: 02 9368 1611
Fx: 02 9356 2118
tom at stvincents.nsw.edu.au

The contents of this email are confidential. Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please advise by telephone (reverse charges) immediately and then delete/destroy the email and any printed copies. Thankyou.