[Lias] School Intranet Servers, Continued

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Apr 7 13:03:03 UTC 2003

On Monday 07 April 2003 12:27, Ian Ralph wrote:
> Whilst my school does not run NT servers, colleagues in other schools
> report that the M$ implementation of LDAP is not standard (surprised?).

Expected.

> They have had to use Winbind to authenticate their users from various Linux
> based apps to their Windows directory.

That's fine. I was discussing moving a native NT domain across to a
non-Microsoft LDAP directory such as OpenLDAP. If all else fails you can
authenticate any legacy boxes against that via Samba, as if the NT PDC were
still there.

> http://open-projects.linuxcare.com/research-papers/winbind-08162000.html

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group