[Lias] users changing passwords

Phil Scarratt lias at draxsen.com
Wed Nov 20 12:12:01 UTC 2002

Yes, although SSH would be a better option. In either case they need a client.
If you are using Windows workstations, they come with a telnet client. A windows
port of OpenSSH is available for free from http://www.networksimplicity.com/.

1. telnet or ssh to the linux machine (which must have permissions to allow
either e telnet or ssh connection) and login with the old password
2. Use the passwd command to change the password (simply typing "passwd" and
pressing enter is sufficient to change password).

That's it.
Fil

--
Phil Scarratt