[Lias] squid pid

Daniel Hooper dhooper at team.emerge.net.au
Fri Nov 8 13:16:01 UTC 2002

Peter,

Start with a clean squid.conf, eg.. get the one that is shipped with
your distrib, modify the ACL's to allow your network range to use the
proxy server.

Depending on your distribution but in the majority of them you'd
start/restart squid by /etc/init.d/squid start

If its already running, try squid -k reconfigure

That will reconfigure squid on the fly.

Also, double check your cache, it should live in /var/spool/squid, if
there's nothing in there, do squid -z to create the directories.

Best of luck.

-Daniel Hooper