[Lias] locked out of httpd

Parkes High School parkeshs at ozemail.com.au
Sat Nov 2 11:59:01 UTC 2002

I have some more trouble!  Sorry!!

I'm running mandrake 9.0 on a machine and have got all the trouble with
Postficx sorted out.

Now I have added a web mail interface to our email - from
http://www.adjeweb.com/

I have installed this OK on a mandrake 7.2 machine and am now trying it
out on Mandrake 9.0

Everything goes OK until I give the thing a test by going to:

10.12.217.88/cgi-bin/WebMail/cgitest.cgi

This should work but I get a message from Apache saying I don't have
permission to access the file   Apache error log confirms this - client
rejected.

 These instructions from the supplier of the web mail pl file:

log in as any non-root user with a cgi-bin directory (that can execute
perl CGI scripts)

I am logged in as a non root user and I have cgi-bin directory but maybe
this user cannot execute perl CGI scripts.

I have set permissions on the relevant directory correctly.

Any ideas anyone?

Peter Hughes

(determined to persist with Linux!)