[Lias] International Computer Drivers license

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu May 23 22:55:07 UTC 2002

Thanks for getting back to me Craig. I will contact the local ACS office
here and see what's what.

Geoff, are you preparing training materials for the ICDL with a Linux focus
? I have not carried out any further investigation since replying to Craig,
but my approach would be to release it under the GPL or GPDL whichever is
best. But this may be dependent on how to obtain approval or compliance
from the body (icdl.org) for the courseware.

My understanding is that ACS are responsible for accrediting groups for
testing, but not for courseware or training. We may be able to create
courseware and or training that enables people to obtain their ICDL, even
tho' we know that the examiners use a different underlying operating system.

I would like to think that the ICDL is vendor neutral, and that the skills
acquired from using any training or courseware that I provide (Linux focus)
were transferable. That is, not simply a Noddy's guide to using a
particular office suite or vendors' applications.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts. In the meantime, I will investigate the
other training and courseware providers on the ICDL site.

All the best
Jacqueline