[Lias] MySQL supports transactions

Arjen G. Lentz arjen at mysql.com
Mon Dec 3 11:28:05 UTC 2001

Hi people,

> On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Celestial Wizard wrote:
> > Not wanting to start a database war, but what are the comparative
> > benefits of one system over another?

It is not quite that simple as X is better than Y because Z.... each database
system has its advantages, and through its design (which produces those
advantages) there are inevitable tradeoffs that might make that system
unsuitable for certain other applications. And naturally, over time each
system develops. So, it depends on the version of the database software, the
user's preference, the specific application, the platform(s) on which the
server and the clients need to run, etc.