[Lias] ps2pdf problem - SO equation editor?

Patterson, Graeme Graeme.Patterson at det.nsw.edu.au
Mon Aug 13 15:46:03 UTC 2001

I use ps2pdf (GNU Ghostscript) to make portable doc files and they work ok
on my redhat/windows computer at home. At work (a DET school)when I download
the pdf files from my website they are smaller (filesize) than they should
be and dont work (in an i.exp window or standalone Acrobat window)
I have emailed the same files to a colleague who had no trouble reading them
using Acrobat for windows.

At the command line I type
>> ps2pdf filename.ps filename.pdf
Nothing fancy there.

Anyone had similar problems with ps2pdf? Could it be a DET network feature
not allowing the full file to download?

btw does Star Office have an equation editor?

cheers,
graeme patterson
lambton high school