[lca-announce] linux.conf.au 2022 - Keynote: Jono Bacon

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Mon Nov 22 22:15:28 AEDT 2021

We are pleased to announce that Jono Bacon is another of our keynote
speakers for linux.conf.au 2022.

Jono will be presenting The Conflict and Burnout Survival Guide:
Handling When Things Go Wrong.

There is one problem every community will face at some point: conflict.
People are people, personalities are personalities, but how do you
ensure early detection of potential conflict, engage with those involved
effectively, and resolve any conflict quickly with a high degree of
trust?
Jono will show you how you can do this with a pragmatic framework for
every step of the conflict process, giving you a clear set of tools to
deal with conflict as and when it may occur. He will also go much deeper
and dig into other challenging moments, whether there is conflict or
not, such as mismatched expectations, uncertainty, burnout, uncertainty,
company/community relations, and much more.

## About Jono Bacon

Jono Bacon is a leading community and collaboration speaker, author, and
podcaster. He is the founder of Jono Bacon Consulting which provides
community strategy/execution, workflow, and other services. He
previously served as director of community at GitHub, Canonical, XPRIZE,
and OpenAdvantage.
He is the author of 'People Powered: How communities can supercharge
your business, brand, and teams' and The Art of Community, a columnist
for Forbes and opensource.com, founder of the Community Leadership
Summit, founder of Conversations With Bacon, and co-founder of Bad
Voltage.

We look forward to welcoming Jono at linux.conf.au 2022.

## Miniconf Schedules Now Available!

We have published the schedule for our Miniconfs on Friday 14 January
2022, available at https://lca2022.linux.org.au/schedule/.

A reminder that our Miniconfs are:

* GO GLAM meets Community
* Kernel
* Open Hardware
* System Administration

We are excited to see all of the talks at the conference next year.

----
Read this online at
https://lca2022.linux.org.au/news/keynote-jono-bacon/