[lca-announce] linux.conf.au 2020 - Call for Sessions and Miniconfs now open!

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Tue Jun 25 21:19:43 AEST 2019

The linux.conf.au 2020 organising team is excited to announce that the
linux.conf.au 2020 Call for Sessions and Call for Miniconfs are now
open!
These will stay open from now until Sunday 28 July Anywhere on Earth
(AoE) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anywhere_on_Earth).

Our theme for linux.conf.au 2020 is "Who's Watching", focusing on
security, privacy and ethics.
As big data and IoT-connected devices become more pervasive, it's no
surprise that we're more concerned about privacy and security than ever
before.
We've set our sights on how open source could play a role in maximising
security and protecting our privacy in times of uncertainty.
With the concept of privacy continuing to blur, open source could be the
solution to give us '2020 vision'.

Call for Sessions

Would you like to talk in the main conference of linux.conf.au 2020?
The main conference runs from Wednesday to Friday, with multiple streams
catering for a wide range of interest areas.
We welcome you to submit a session
(https://linux.conf.au/programme/sessions/) proposal for either a talk
or tutorial now.

Call for Miniconfs

Miniconfs are dedicated day-long streams focusing on single topics,
creating a more immersive experience for delegates than a session.
Miniconfs are run on the first two days of the conference before the
main conference commences on Wednesday.
If you would like to organise a miniconf
(https://linux.conf.au/programme/miniconfs/) at linux.conf.au, we want
to hear from you.

Have we got you interested?

You can find out how to submit your session or miniconf proposals at
https://linux.conf.au/programme/proposals/.
If you have any other questions you can contact us via email at
contact at lca2020.linux.org.au.

We are looking forward to reading your submissions.

linux.conf.au 2020 Organising Team

---
Read this online at
https://lca2020.linux.org.au/news/call-for-sessions-miniconfs-now-open/