[lca-announce] Child minding for linux.conf.au 2019

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Tue Nov 27 18:50:17 AEDT 2018

The linux.conf.au team has committed to provide a children's programme
for the duration of the conference, free of charge for attendees' children.

If you're planning on bringing your child(ren) to LCA and require child
care, please ensure you:

- List all children and their ages in your attendee profile; and
- Fill out our childcare form (https://goo.gl/forms/ZYnGgGEzNtBPmTOM2)
before 31 December 2018.

Child Minding service
We have a minding service for children 5 years and younger. The child
minding facility will be located nearby to the main conference rooms in
the Jack Erskine Building and will be staffed by qualified professionals.

The service will be available from 8:30am to 6pm each day.

Code Club Aoteaora
We're excited to have partnered with Digital Future Aotearoa / Code Club
to provide an engaging and educational programme for all children aged 6
and up. More information about the programme will be released to the
conference wiki in due course.

The programme will be run on-campus and might involve one or two offsite
trips which we'll announce beforehand. It is run by staff and volunteers
from Digital Future Aotearoa with support from LCA volunteers.

Morning and afternoon tea will be available, and parents are expected to
pick up their children during lunch hours.

The programme will run from 8:30am to at least 5pm (we're working on the
details) on all five days of the conference.

--
Steven Sykes

Chair, LCA 2019
Twitter: @linuxconfau <https://twitter.com/linuxconfau>