[lca-announce] Call for Volunteers now open!

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Wed Nov 7 11:55:32 AEDT 2018

Hello!

Linux.conf.au wouldn’t be the awesome conference it is if it weren’t for
volunteers! For 2019 we’re calling on people to come forward and lend a
hand again.
If you’ve done it all before and just want to get on with signing up,
all the details can be found at https://linux.conf.au/attend/volunteer.
If you’re new to it all and want to help out, keep reading!

We’re all volunteers ourselves and we need more – we can’t run the
conference by ourselves, particularly during the week of the conference
itself. We need help with:
     • Checking attendees in when they arrive
     • Operating AV equipment such as audio gear and cameras
     • Directing people around our venue
     • Ensuring talks and tutorials run to schedule
     • Packing in and packing out the conference

Anyone who has volunteered before will tell you it’s a very busy time,
but also very worthwhile. It’s satisfying to know that you’ve helped
everyone at the conference to get the most out of it. It’s very
rewarding in knowing that you’ve made a positive difference to someone’s
day.

You don’t just get to meet the delegates and speakers, you also get to
know many of them while helping them out. You are presented with a
unique opportunity to get the behind the scenes and close to the action.
You’ll get to forge new relationships with amazing, interesting and
wonderful people (just like you), whom you might not have otherwise had
the good fortune to meet in any other way.

In return for your help we’ll provide you with:
     • Food – morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
     • A clean T shirt everyday
     • If you want one, a letter of reference at the end of the week

Depending on the number of volunteers we get and workload (many hands
make light work), we’ll do our best to try and schedule everything so
that you can attend talks that interest you.

For more information, please check out
https://linux.conf.au/attend/volunteer – we have full details of what we
need from our volunteers. We review and approve applications regularly.

Steven Sykes

Chair, LCA 2019
Twitter: @linuxconfau <https://twitter.com/linuxconfau>
Web: linux.conf.au/ <https://linux.conf.au/>