[lca-announce] A few things for LCA

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Fri Dec 28 08:07:18 AEDT 2018

Hello everyone!

Just under a month to go and it's all on! With just a few days left of
December, there's a couple of things to remind you of.

Dietary requirements
====================
If you have any requirements please ensure that your profile lists
these. This includes partners and children that you may be bringing with
you. We'll pass this onto our caterers at our different events so we can
ensure you're, um, catered for...

Volunteer
=========
If you have been accepted for one of the most rewarding roles out there,
don't forget that you still need to register on our website. If you're
still mulling over whether or not to volunteer, check out the benefits
at https://linux.conf.au/attend/volunteer

Registration
============
Each year at linux.conf.au some people make the big journey to come
along, only to find they cannot collect their ID badges and swag items
at the registration desk. This is because they have not completed their
registration successfully and while these issues are resolvable it does
slow down your ability to participate. Ensure your registration details
are complete before you get here so everything can go as smooth as
possible for you!

Childcare & CodeClub Aotearoa
=============================
If you're bringing children with you to linux.conf.au you need to have
them registered by December 31 (that's just in a few days!) to ensure
they get a space. After this date we'll do our best to fit them in but
we cannot guarantee it. See https://linux.conf.au/attend/childcare/ for
more information.

If you're volunteering or you're a speaker, your child gets free
childcare too!

Chat list
=========
As part of signing up, all delegates have been added to our
linux.conf.au 2019 chat list. If you're organising something such as a
lunchtime event (or evening event) or have a question you think other
delegates could help with, then send an email to
chat at lists.lca2019.linux.org.au

We hope you're managing to enjoy some of the holidays!

--
Steven Sykes

Chair, LCA 2019
Twitter: @linuxconfau <https://twitter.com/linuxconfau>