[lca-announce] Diversity and Outreach grants now available

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Thu Dec 14 10:04:27 AEDT 2017

The LCA2018 team are pleased to announce that we have secured Elastic.co
as this year's diversity and outreach sponsor.

There is a pool of funds available to assist attendees who may not
otherwise be able to attend. These grants form a key part of our
outreach and inclusion efforts at linux.conf.au. We want to make sure
that as many people as possible can attend the event, regardless of
financial ability or their background.

Applications can be made here: https://linux.conf.au/attend/grants/

Grants may be for full or partial travel expenses, accommodation at one
of our preferred accommodation providers, a ticket to the conference, or
other assistance that helps overcome barriers to your attendance.

The grant application process is open to everyone who needs financial
assistance, but our budget is limited. We will give priority to
applicants with a clear vision for what they want to achieve by
attending linux.conf.au 2018

For reference, the form includes the following questions, which require
1-2 paragraphs to answer:

* Why do you want to attend linux.conf.au? What experience do you have
that you want to build on at linux.conf.au?
* How would you and the communities you're a part of benefit from your
attendance at linux.conf.au?

Because travel to Australia from overseas can be expensive, we may only
be able to provide limited travel assistance to applicants outside the
Australia and New Zealand region.

Applications are open now.

Applications close on Sunday 24th December.

We will award our first grants on Thursday 4th January.

Regards

Bruce Crawley, James Polley and the LCA2018 team