[lca-announce] LCA2013 Call for Proposals extended by two weeks

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Fri Jul 6 22:58:43 EST 2012

Hi everyone, this email is to let you know about the progress of the
linux.conf.au 2013 call for proposals. The call has now been open for
four weeks, and the quality of submissions so far has been outstanding.
It is clear that there are many interesting stories to be told in our
community, and that makes me very proud. Thank you to everyone who has
submitted a proposal so far -- the conference wouldn’t be what it is
without your contributions.

However, we think there are more stories out there that deserve
attention. Originally scheduled to be closed today, the papers committee
has agreed to extend the deadline by two weeks, just to give everyone a
chance to have their voice heard.

This year, linux.conf.au is focusing on deep technical content, and the
things that you think are going to really matter in the future.
Successful proposals will be announced in August.

If you have been working on something interesting, now is the time to
tell the world! Visit linux.conf.au/cfp, and submit your proposal today.

=== Important Dates ===

Call for proposals opens: 1 June 2012
Call for proposals now closes: 20 July 2012
Email notifications from conference organisers: 28 August 2012
Early Bird registrations open: 1 October 2012
Conference dates: Monday 28 January to Saturday 2 February 2013

=== System Maintenance ===

One other thing -- the conference site will be down tomorrow (Saturday 7
July) afternoon so we can push a release with some new features.

Thanks,
Mikal

--
Michael Still
Director linux.conf.au 2013

Canberra 28 January 2013 to 2 February 2013