[lca-announce] linux.conf.au now accepting Papers and Presentation submissions for LCA2012

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Wed Jun 29 16:13:03 EST 2011

Dear All,

The organisers of LCA2012 are very pleased to announce that we are now
accepting paper submissions! Papers from all areas of the Free and Open
Source world are welcome and first time speaks are highly encouraged to
submit a proposal. The Call for Papers will remain open until the 29th July
2011, after which time all submissions will be reviewed and successful
speakers notified. Once confirmed, details of talks will be added to the
conference programme, available on this site in mid to late September.

"Though there are many elements needed to run a great conference, it is the
speakers that truly make linux.conf.au such an amazing event. Being an
international conference, but one with a uniquely Australian flavour, we are
working to bring a terrific mix of both local and global speakers from
different backgrounds to Ballarat in January", says Sae Ra Germaine, LCA2012
Speakers liaison. "The wealth of talent within the FOSS community is huge
and our goal is to be a platform for bringing the newest ideas, latest
talent and best speakers to the largest audience of this type in the
country."

   - Information for potential speakers is available on the LCA2012
website<http://linux.conf.au/programme/papers>
   - Our speaker liaison can also be contacted for any specific queries:
   speakers at lcaunderthestars.org.au
   - Proposal submissions can be made at
   http://linux.conf.au/programme/submit_a_paper (Need to be logged in to
   view this)

Mini-Confs

Our call for mini-conferences remains open in addition to the call for
papers. Please see the announcement
here<http://linux.conf.au/media/news/21>or for more detailed
information, visit the Mini-Confs
page <http://linux.conf.au/programme/miniconfs>
About linux.conf.au

linux.conf.au (lca) is a conference about Open Source Software, including
Linux. It brings together the world's community of Linux and open source
enthusiasts who make considerable contributions to open source software.

2012 marks a significant milestone for LCA as it will be the first time the
conference has been held in an Australian regional city. The 2012 Ballarat
organising committee is excited to be hosting the open source community and
would love for you to join us in January.

Kindest Regards,

Sae Ra

Sae Ra Germaine
Speaker & Media Liaison