[lca-announce] LCA2011 conference updates and prize announcements

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Wed Jun 16 23:28:31 EST 2010

Hi all,

The lca2011 Team has been working hard over the last few months, since
the announcement in Wellington, and have some great plans under way to
make LCA2011 a conference to remember.  It will be fun, informal,
seriously technical and in 2011 it will also cater to a range of end
users including those new to the opensource community.

The dates have been moved by a few days and are now confirmed as
January 24th to January 28th with an open day on the 29th.
It will be located at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT),
Gardens Point campus directly opposite the South Bank parklands and
located within the Brisbane CBD.

In recognising the experience of previous LCA attendees, and more
importantly their ideas on how to make LCA better, we ran a
competition to capture these ideas and reward the best ideas with
prizes! The winners announced here all made suggestions about
providing a different type of experience for the new members in our
community.

These winners suggested that LCA feature a stream or segment that
focuses on the end user and/or people just beginning to explore the
FOSS world. Each of these people will receive a minor prize of a
special T-Shirt for this years LCA. The winners are:

Lisa Sands
Jayen Asher
David Walter
Hamish Taylor
Michael Clark

Congratulations to the winners, each of them will be contacted with
further details of their prize.

Please continue to watch this space as we release new announcements
and provide more details about our plans for 2011 as well as more
winners from our competition.

The LCA2011 Team
http://followtheflow.org/
Follow the flow to Brisbane!