[lca-announce] LCA2010 Announces Fourth Keynote Speaker

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Fri Sep 4 15:32:02 EST 2009

WELLINGTON, New Zealand – Friday 4 September 2009 – The linux.conf.au
2010 Organisers are proud to announce the fourth Keynote Speaker for
LCA2010!

Our fourth Keynote Speaker is a writer, journalist, and blogger. After
receiving two degrees in maths, he started writing about computers in
1982, the Internet in 1994, and free software in 1995. In August 1997,
his feature “The Greatest OS that (N)ever Was” appeared in Wired
magazine. He is perhaps best known for his book "Rebel Code: Linux and
the Open Source Revolution" published by Penguin in 2001, and "Digital
Code of Life", a book about the genomic software that powers everything
alive, and the battle to keep it free, in 2004.

We'd like to welcome Glyn Moody as our fourth confirmed Keynote Speaker
for LCA2010!

For more information about Glyn Moody, please see Glyn's blog:
http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/

About linux.conf.au
linux.conf.au is one of the world's best conferences for free and open
source software! The coming linux.conf.au, LCA2010, will be held at the
Wellington Convention Centre in Wellington, New Zealand from Monday 18th
January to Saturday 23rd January 2010. LCA2010 is fun, informal and
seriously technical, bringing together Free and Open Source developers,
users and community champions from around the world. LCA2010 is the
second time linux.conf.au has been held in New Zealand, with the first
being Dunedin in 2006.

For more information see: http://www.lca2010.org.nz/

About Linux Australia
Linux Australia is the peak body for Linux User Groups (LUGs) around
Australia, and as such represents approximately 5000 Australian Linux
users and developers. Linux Australia facilitates the organisation of
this international Free Software conference in a different Australasian
city each year.

For more information see: http://www.linux.org.au/

Emperor Penguin Sponsors
LCA2010 is proud to acknowledge the support of our Emperor Penguin
Sponsor, InternetNZ.

For more information see: http://www.internetnz.org.nz/

--
Andrew Ruthven
LCA2010 - Co-Director

PO Box 11-682    |          linux.conf.au 2010
Manners St       | Follow the signs. Visit Wellington!
Wellington 6142  |      http://www.lca2010.org.nz
NEW ZEALAND      |