[lca-announce] Security MiniConf CFP

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Thu Nov 1 01:38:44 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

As you are aware next year LCA is hosting a security themed mini-conf.
This email constitutes the call for participation for that event.

Please contact me if:

  * You are specifically involved with the security aspects
    of a FOSS project.

  * You have an idea you think will revolutionise the way we
    all think about the nature of FOSS security.

  * You care about security in FOSS software or ways of using
    FOSS software and methodologies for other security purposes.

  * You just want to help out with the Security mini-conf.

We will be especially interested in presentations that show off real
progress in the field of software design and maintenance with security
as a central tenant and are prepared to give live demonstrations!

It's also my intention to run the event (as much as is feasible) as a
"full disclosure LIVE" fun day ... so if you can show us a persistent
problem perhaps it's time to come meet the developers in person and
shame them into fixing that bug you have been sitting on for years ;-)

The latest version of this announcement can always be found at
http://miniconf.mel8ourne.org/wiki/index.php?title=Security/CFP

The Miniconf will run for the complete day of Monday, the 28th of
January 2008. (Australia Day!) This is the first day of the main
conference.

Anyone who wants to just come to the Miniconf MUST register with
Linux.conf.au!

See you there.

ALC
--