[LA-Jobs] Computer generalist / IT person -- Robotics [Marathon Targets]
LA Jobs List
jobs at lists.linux.org.au
Sun Feb 6 22:52:01 EST 2011
A new job has been posted on the Linux Australia website.
* Cutting-edge robotic technology
* Location: Marrickville, Sydney
Marathon Targets (www.marathon-targets.com) is a leading provider of
autonomous robotic target systems to military forces around the globe. This
exciting role offers a rare opportunity to be part of a small, dynamic R&D
team, within an innovative and growing company, working on the next
generation of target robots.
* maintaining services that support development:
- distributed compilation (distcc) servers
- automated testing systems (CDash/CTest)
- test systems (basestations/robots) that mirror production systems
* setting up and maintaining general IT infrastructure:
- backup systems
- selecting, purchasing, and installing rack-mount server hardware,
switches, KVMs, etc
- maintaining networking infrastructure
- maintaining DHCP/dnsmasq
- managing security
* Managing installation of production systems:
- managing an in-house Debian mirror to control package versioning
- installing operating systems on basestations, user-interface computers,
and robots, and coming up with ideas to streamline/automate the process
- installing and troubleshooting wireless networks at customer sites in
Australia and internationally
* Linux hacking:
- general OS improvements such as locking down permissions on production
systems, reducing boot-time, managing disk usage, etc.
- ensuring Linux support for hardware devices, potentially involving
kernel modifications and compilation
- experience in writing hardware drivers is an advantage
- Maintain existing scripts to enforce uniformity of configuration between
systems (written in python)
- Develop scripts to automate common tasks such as reassignment of robots
between sites, steps to install robots at new sites, common customer
operations such as managing multiple configuration sets etc.
* System testing
- improving the extent to which testing can be automated, and improvements
to general system operation
* Ensuring compliance with US Information Assurance security regulations
To give an idea of the amount of IT infrastructure, we are a small
team of about a dozen people. All our production systems and software
development environments are Linux-based.
We are looking for someone who can bring creativity, enthusiasm, and
initiative to the role. The position is well suited to someone with
an inquisitive mind who will find ways to get things working.
In order to increase your chances of being short-listed, please submit
with your application a description of the coolest computer-related
thing that you've done in your spare time.
email applications to: jobs at marathon-targets.com
More information about the jobs